Garmin Mobile XT for Symbian S60 3rd Edition software version 5.00.50
as of April 15, 2009
Download (15.21 MB)
View installation instructions and system requirements
* This Garmin Mobile XT application is designed for use on Symbian smartphone devices running S60 (ie. Nokia E6x, Nokia N7x) 3rd Edition OS .
* You must have a previous version of the XT software installed on your SD card to have all of the help files, voice files and basemap files. These are not included with this update.
* During installation, you will be prompted to turn on your Garmin GPS. Please Note: You will not gain access to Garmin Online features and/or the navigation will be unavailable without connecting your Garmin GPS.
* A minimum card size of 256 MB is recommended for Garmin Mobile XT software with maps.
* Please save all appropriate data before beginning the update.
Changes made from version 5.00.40 to 5.00.50:
* Provide ‘Exit’ option to the Activate Software page.
* Correct the turn preview page in landscape orientation.
* Correct an error that occurs when the ‘Arrival’ button is selected.
* Correct the text color of the main map page when displayed in night mode.
Changes made from version 5.00.30 to 5.00.40:
* Provide location format selection for coordinates.
* Correct picture viewer to show multiple photos in Travel Guide.
Changes made from version 5.00.20 to 5.00.30:
* Provide support for Nokia 5800 (S60 touch screen).
* Provide a background service that monitors incoming messages which may contain information used by Garmin Mobile XT. A new setting will allow the user to turn this option off (Tools -> Settings -> System -> Launch Background Service).
* Improve map drawing performance.
Changes made from version 5.00.00 to 5.00.20:
* Provide support for Samsung INNOV8 (i8510).
* Change default vehicle icon to blue car.
* Correct an application shutdown when frequently recalculating a route.
* Correct the displayed speed limit value for some specific roads.
* Correct the blank green screen displayed when switching to the map page.
* Improve the layout of the Local Search capability.
* Improve the layout of the map page for the Nokia E90 screen size.
Changes made from version 4.xx.xx to 5.00.00:
* Update the look and feel of the Garmin Mobile XT application.
* Add new Garmin Online feature – Google Local Search.
* Add new Garmin Online feature – Panoramio Photos.
* Add new Garmin Online feature – Flight Status.
* Add Speed Limit display to the View Map.
* Add ability to install and display custom vehicle icons.
* Modify ‘Peerpoints’ feature name to ‘Location Message’.
1. As with any software update, you should always create a backup of the data on your device before beginning. Please see the information provided in the user manual for your device for more information.
2. To import your existing saved settings/waypoints/routes/tracks after you have updated to the latest version, you will need to export them to the SD card at this time. Select Tools->Manage My Data then select the Manage option. Select Export GPX. This will create a file on the SD card that contains all of your saved information. Select Done and Exit the application when this is complete.
3. Copy the following file from the SD card to a safe location (this file will be used to import your saved information later):
After copying this file, delete the file from the SD card.
4. Insert the SD card into your card reader. (Applicable for most Symbian OS devices – some Nokia phones offer ‘Data Transfer’ mode when connected to the PC and will allow the phone to act like a USB card reader.)
5. To begin the SD card setup, select the ‘Download’ link found on this web page.
6. Select to ‘Run’ or ‘Save’ the file. Selecting ‘Run’ will immediately launch the install program. Selecting ‘Save’, will save the file to your PC and require you to launch the install program from the saved location.
7. If you receive an error copying the files to the destination SD card, you will need to manually browse the card to remove the following two files:
Rerun the file downloaded from the link on this web page (Step 5).
8. Follow the directions provided when running the downloaded program and directions provided on the device display to complete the application update. Insert the SD card into the phone (if necessary).
IMPORTANT: If the installation/update does not occur automatically upon insertion of the SD card into your device, browse to the SD card root directory and manually run the GarminMobileXT.SIS file. You can verify the present version of the application by going to the Tools -> Settings -> About page.
9. Exit the application (if necessary). Copy the CURRENT.GPX file saved in Step 2 to SD card location: \Garmin\GPX\CURRENT.GPX
Replace the existing file on the SD card if necessary.
10. Start the application. The import of the data should happen automatically. If it does not, select Tools->Manage My Data then select the Manage option. Select Import GPX. Your saved application data should now be available.
11. You will need to keep the SD card inserted in your device for the voice, help and basemap files. This SD card can also be used to hold your detailed maps.
1. IBM-compatible PC running Windows 2000 or later operating system and an available USB port.
Download all version:
Direct link for Symbian S60 v9: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3939